Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervising the activities associated with warehouse operations. Provide supervision of order selection, product replenishment, order loading, ensuring safety and security of the warehouse and providing management and direction to assigned warehouse staff.
- Manage all warehouse functions including forklift operators.
- Supervises labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Coordinate required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Review warehouse functions and suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of changes within warehouse.
- Conduct shipping and loading audits daily ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed.
- Assist with the training of new associates, including cross training of existing associates.
- Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, updating preferred work methods, and routine safety inspections.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, terminations.
- Performs the duties of employees supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, AIB, FDA, USDA, etc.)