Lead a team of 3-4 Q.C. technicians and responsible for providing training and development to optimize their job skills. Position will require good management skills and scheduling of staff to cover production runs.
- Working knowledge of GFSI auditing of Quality Systems, especially SQF at level 3.
- Ensure that all QC technicians and plant personnel are properly trained with regard to quality programs, procedures, safety and housekeeping. Ensure that all equipment is calibrated and functioning.
- Preparation of quality control related documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations. Investigate root cause of consumer complaint and provide direction to the plant to address process improvement and consumer complaint corrective actions.
- Monitoring of validation and verification of all critical control points and critical quality points for all products manufactured at GFF to ensure that products shipped are food safe and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for communication of food quality standards to plant personnel through training, corrective actions, quality audits, production and facility monitoring including Food defense.
- Experience working with supplier approval programs and knowledgeable in regulatory requirements for incoming ingredients and packaging supplies. Will work with procurement department to validate the primary and secondary suppliers on a regular basis.
- Meet the operational objectives by reviewing, preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; leading and completing internal audits; and determining system improvements including any changes required to eliminate failures.
- Develops, maintains and reports required operational information to management. Ensures all quality-related information required for regulatory reviews and reporting is maintained by the plant.
- Participates in scheduled GMP, sanitation and safety inspections throughout the production departments and corrects, or issues work orders to correct, any identified deficiencies.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
- Participates in regular meetings with plant management to discuss the order of production of various recipes, quality improvements, conduct mock recall, product traceability and other relevant programs.
- Keeps abreast of latest food safety, quality and manufacturing technologies, systems, and practices.
- Check lab test results, review QA documents, and environmental monitoring findings.