Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup softened butter, shortening or margarine
- ¼ cup Golding Farms® Molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, molasses and egg. Blend well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Chill dough for easier handling.
- Lightly grease (not oil) cookie sheets.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, roll balls in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool 1-2 minutes before removing from sheet.