Dyed pasta is fun for sensory play as well as crafting fun. Your kids can make necklaces, works of art with a little glue and paper and perhaps even a unique sculpture.
- 4 cups of pasta in different shapes and sizes
- Food coloring (gel or liquid)
- Hand sanitizer
- Gallon size Zip Lock Bag
(supplies listed above are measured for each color you would like to make)
- Pump about 2 tablespoons of hand sanitizer into the large zip lock bag.
- Add about 1/2 a teaspoon of food coloring (add as much as you like to get the desired shade). Be aware that the color will lighten as it dries on the noodles.
- Make sure the bag is sealed tight with no air in it and allow the kids to mash on the bags mixing up the color into the hand sanitizer. Continue this until the color is evenly spread throughout the sanitizer.
- Add the 4 cups of pasta and then once again make sure the bag is sealed very well and then allow the little ones to push the pasta around in the sealed bag coating the noodles in the dye. Remind the kids to be gentle with the pasta as broken pasta is less fun to craft with. Broken or sharp bits of pasta could poke tiny holes in the bag so be on the look out, if this happens just put a paper towel between the bag and the child’s hands to minimize mess.
- Once the noodles are well coated pour them out onto a cookie sheet and allow them to dry.
Now you are prepped and ready for crafting fun! What will your kids do with these beautifully colored noodles?