If you want to spend an autumn afternoon with your kids or grand kids and want to create something you can always cherish, then try this inexpensive keepsake craft.
- 36” dowel rod, width 3/16 of an inch
- Fabric leaves (approximately 50)
- Beads of choice
- Thin twine
- Spray Paint (Optional)
- First carefully cut your dowel rod in half with a saw or very sharp serrated knife.
- (Optional) Spray paint your dowel rod dark brown
- Knot your twine at the bottom and anchor a bead. Then snip a tiny hole at the top of a fabric leaf and run your string through the hole, knotting it each time and for every leaf.
- Tie your dowels into a cross shape. You can use a bit of hot glue to keep your dowels in this shape, then tie some twine around the middle to firmly secure it.
- Hang your wind catcher where you can watch your leaves blowing in the wind.