Popcorn and Kool-aid, two food staples that make up every kid’s summer; however, have you ever thought of mixing the two together. This easy recipe will bring some color to any birthday parties or picnics and will be a surefire hit. Just follow this easy recipe below and bring some color into your party repertoire. On those really hot summer days you can make this treat with the kids in the kitchen and then all enjoy a movie together!
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Corn syrup
- 2/3 Cups butter or margarine
- 6 Quarts plain popped popcorn
- 2 Packages of Kool-Aid (any flavor you like)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 225”F
- Boil Sugar, syrup and butter/margarine together for 3 min.
- On a large shallow ungreased baking dish, spread out popped popcorn.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Kool-Aid with the baking soda.
- Remove sugar syrup from the stove and carefully stir in the Kool-Aid mixture. (Note: This will make the sugar mixture puff up. Be careful to not get burned.)
- Now take the sugar mixture and pour it over the popped popcorn. Carefully mix all till combined.
- Place it in the oven and stir every 10 min. Repeat 3 times.
- Take popcorn out to cool, when cool enough, break it apart into pieces.